Columbia Greene Crime Victims Advocacy Program serves innocent victims of crime in both counties, providing resources, counseling, advocacy and referral for victims and their families. All services are free and confidential, and include:
- Crisis Invervention – providing support and vital information to the victim and family.
- Short Term Counseling – maintaining regular and frequent contact with the victim and any secondary victims, such as children, during all phases of the case.
- Safety Planning – devising a safety plan and providing notification of offender release.
- Criminal Court Procedure Information – explaining legal processes and acting as an advocate throughout the criminal justice process.
- Compensation – filing claims with the NYS Office of Victim Services for compensation.
- Referrals – works in conjunction with local agencies to provide long term supportive services.
- Resource – acts as a liaison between the criminal justice system and other agencies on the victim’s behalf.
For more information about this program, please call: 518.943.9205.