When Tax time comes put more $$$ in YOUR Piggy Bank!
With Free Tax Preparation, Electronic Filing, & Direct Deposits!
Get your refund in about 10 days!
There are tax benefits for People Who work:
- Earned Income Credit
- Child Tax Credit
You Could Qualify for our Income Tax Assistance Program if you:
- Worked in 2017
- Income was $54,000 or less
- Had children Living With You
- Meet Income Eligibility Requirements
So Why Pay When You Can Get Your Taxes Done For Free?
When you go to a VITA site, or if you choose to go to a commercial tax preparer, be sure to Take These Items With You:
- Valid picture Id
- Copy of 2016 tax return (if you have it)
- Social Security Card(s) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN) for you, your spouse and any children born before December 31, 2011.
- (Bring the Social Security Cards or ITIN letters to ensure information is copied correctly onto the tax return).
Income documentation including:
- W-2 Forms from all jobs worked in 2017
- All 1099 Forms showing other income received in 2017
- A blank check for direct deposit of your refund
If any of the following apply to you, please take documentation with you:
- Child care expenses, including the provider’s address and federal ID#
- Mortgage company statements
- Adoption expense
- Alimony paid or received
- Any notices received from the IRS or state tax office property tax bills
- College tuition and student loan interest statements
Additional forms of income such as:
- Prizes & awards
- Scholarships & fellowships
- Lottery/gambling winnings
If you lost or do not have all of these items, you can still get your taxes prepared. Call the IRS helpline at 1-800-829-1040 to find out what you need to do and how to obtain replacement documents.