Based on the principle that individuals do not act in isolation but belong to a larger family and community. Family Development seeks to help all families achieve self-sufficiency. Family Development, a form of strength-based case management, involves a holistic, long-term approach to assist economically and socially disadvantaged families achieve financial independence and a healthier interdependence with the rest of their community.
Family & Community Development Programs:
- Healthy Homes: Services to families that are at risk of intervention by Child Protective Services due to unhealthy living conditions. Services include education, case management, budget counseling and support for at risk families.
- Resource Room: Sponsored by the Columbia Greene Workforce Investment Office, a computer is available for use to research employment opportunities, job and apartment searches. Telephone and facsimile services are also available.
- Seasonal Programs:
- Back to School Backpack and School Supply Distribution
- Coat and Blanket Drive
- Here Comes Christmas/Adopt a Family
- Say Yes to the Prom Dress
For more information about any of these programs please call: 518.943.9205.