Starting May 3, 2021 Office Hours will be 8 am to 4 pm
Closed 12 - 1 for Lunch
Food Pantry Hours will be Monday, Thursday, and Friday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Due to the increase in Covid cases in Greene County, and in order to reduce risk to both our staff and clients, effective 12/8/2020 the following will take effect:
- Our lobby will be closed to the public, except for Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 1:00 - 3:30 pm
- Food Pantry hours will be restricted to Monday, Thursday, and Fridays from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Mobile Food Pantry will run Tuesday and Thursday MORNINGS
- In-person meetings require prior scheduled appointments
- There will be a drop-box near the office doors in order to receive paperwork (waiting for the delivery of the drop-box)
- Our customer limit of 5 persons in the store at a time will be strictly adhered to.
- Our weekday hours will be reduced slightly to 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Saturday Hours will be similarly reduced to 10:00 am-5:00 pm
- Donations remain on pause.
COVID 19 Relief Fund
Click the donate button to conveniently donate through PayPal. Credit cards accepted.
Thank you Steve Hartman for helping us out with this PSA recognizing our 50th anniversary, and thank you to GNH Lumber who won air time on WYBN TV and donated it to us.
Community Action of Greene County, Inc. is the designated anti-poverty agency serving all of Greene County. The Agency also serves Columbia County through its Domestic Violence Program. Through a variety of community service programs and emergency services aimed at assisting low-income and vulnerable populations achieve self-sufficiency, we strive toward our mission of "Creating Opportunities, Fighting Poverty, Changing Lives." We are part of more than 1,000 local, private non-profit, and public agencies that work together to implement ways to end poverty and empower low-income families in communities throughout the United States. Community Action of Greene County, Inc. links human service resources throughout our service area to provide leadership and serve the specific needs of each community.
- Individuals & Families Become Self-Sufficient
- Improve The Conditions in Which People Live
- Develop Partnerships Among Supporters & Providers of Services
- Increase Our Agency’s Capacity to Achieve Results
YES…I would like to support! Your gift will help us feed, shelter and train people in the community.
Pay it Forward was opened in order to serve our community with quality goods at affordable prices.
Don’t make excuses, make it stop. 24-hour Hotline available.
Call 518.943.9211 today!
Find a list of suggested food pantry items that are perfect to donate for any of our area food pantries.
How We Help You
Community Action of Greene County, Inc. is committed to empowering individuals and families in need by connecting them to a wide variety of available programs and resources. Whether it's emergency assistance, housing solutions, legal advocacy or help with tax preparation, we are trained to help you find and utilize the proper networks within your community.
Click here for myBenefits >>
Use this website is a prescreening tool to provide a quick and easy way for you to find out if you might be able to receive assistance.
Greene County Community Action Program helps the community in many services, resources and solutions. How We Help You:
- Emergency Services >>
- Domestic Violence >>
- 24-hour hotline
- Individual and Support Counseling
- Legal Advocacy
- Assistance with Orders of Protection
- Educational Outreach
- Housing >>
- STEHP (Solutions to End Homelessness)
- HUD Supportive Housing Projects >>
- Weatherization Assistance Program >>
- Empower NY >>
- Weatherization Plus
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) >>Receive free help with your income tax preparation and electronic filing.
- Columbia Greene Crime Victims Advocacy Program >>Provides resources, counseling, advocacy and referral for victims and their families.
- Information and Referral >>We place great value on partnerships, and make it our business to know what services are being offered in our community by partner agencies.
- Family and Community Development >>Family Development seeks to help all families achieve self-sufficiency.
- Pay it Forward Thrift Store >>Provides quality goods at affordable prices, encourages citizens to recycle, and helps generate income for Community Action programs.
- Emergency Food Pantry: Funded through Emergency Food & Shelter National Board Program and the generosity of concerned churches, civic groups, schools, and individuals, Community Action of Greene County, Inc. operates an Emergency Food Pantry. Those requesting service are provided with a three-day supply of food, and are asked to complete an intake and brief interview. The consumer may then be referred to other supports within the agency or community that may be of assistance to them.
Monday, Thursday & Friday, 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Clothing & Household Items: We maintain a voucher program with our Thrift Store to provide emergency assistance, necessary items to fire victims and others in emergency situations with no resources.
For more information about any of these programs please call: 518.943.9205.
There are many ways to contribute positively to our efforts. Donations of food, clothing and household goods are always welcome, and volunteers are a vital and much-needed component of the work that we do. Please give what you can and don't be surprised if you get something unexpected in return! It feels good to make a real difference in somebody else's life.
VolunteeringThe Board of Directors of Community Action of Greene County, Inc. currently has openings for people interested in making a contribution to their community. Won't you join this dynamic group and make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own? If you are interested in becoming a board member, please contact Florence Ohle at 518.943.9205, ext. 101 For more information about any of these opportunities please call: 518.943.9205 or contact us.
DonationsYour gift will help us feed, shelter and train people in the community. There is always a need for nutritional food items at local food pantries. Click the link to view a list of suggested donation items. The Thrift Store was opened in order to serve our community with quality goods at affordable prices. Your contributions are always welcome! Items currently needed to keep our programs running smoothly.
Community Action of Greene County, Inc. is dedicated to community wellness and betterment through a wide variety of programs and services. Our resources are diverse, ranging from GED instruction and income tax preparation assistance to domestic violence intervention and supportive housing. We strive to improve the lives of low-income citizens and their families, helping them on the path to self-sufficiency so that they may achieve their full potential.